Friday, March 18, 2016

Adoration

Does anyone else just love going to Adoration?!?! For me it is honestly a breathtaking experience every time I go. Let me explain. First, what is Adoration? It is when the Eucharist is exposed in a Monstrance, for worship, and veneration. Different parishes have it at different times during each month. For example my parish has it every 1st and 3rd Friday of every month. So, adoration is also an invitation from Jesus for us. So, why go to Adoration? There are so so many reasons to go to adoration. I'll give you just a few: You grow spiritually with each moment you spend with Jesus, it is the absolute best way to spend your spare time, and to pray, and you create a relationship with him. Alright you might be saying, 'these are all good reasons to go, but what am I supposed to do in Adoration?' Adoration is your time with Jesus, so try and ask Jesus what he wants or needs you to do. I usually just sit/kneel and pray to God; thank him, praise him, ask him to hear my prayers, ask him to forgive my sins, and I especially ask him for graces to get me through my day. Then I will just sit there and contemplate him in silence, and clear my mind of anything else. Everyone has their little thing, you just have to find yours! One last thing I want to say is this, there are absolutely no words to describe the awesomeness of adoration and how good and peaceful it makes you feel when you come out. So my advice is to go because you never know what the Lord has in store for you, and how much you may need whatever he wants to give you. He is patiently waiting there for you to come and open your heart to him!
Let me just end with this song from Matt Maher:


God Bless,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment