Friday, February 17, 2017

Be an Overcomer


You know we all get that feeling of sadness in our lives at one point or another. Whether we were rejected by someone, or whether we were made fun of for doing the right thing. Whatever it is that has made us sad all that is is the devil trying to get to us. He is always trying to hinder us from doing what God needs us to do, and from what God wants us to do. But why give him that kind of power of over. Why give him the ability to make us feel horrible. God doesn't want this for us. He wants us to be happy, and to be able to live out the life he has for us in the best possible way. Every time I feel sad or overwhelmed I run to God (well to the best of my ability anyway) I'll go to adoration or just sit in the chapel. I will also write in my journal because I've found that it is the best way to get everything that has happened out of my head.

In the past week I've gotten some bad news, and of course the first thing I did when I heard the bad news was I looked at the bright side of it. God gave me the ability to do that with his grace. But later on that day the reality of this news finally hit me, and I started to let the devil take over. But once I wrote it down talked about it to someone I felt so much better.

Things happen in our lives good and bad, but there is always a reason. Whether its to show us another way, or to show us who someone truly is, or even to show us God's plan vs ours. We all go through this stuff and we may think that bad things that happen are horrible, but if we asked God to show it to us from his eyes we would see the good side of it. God has made us Overcomers and with his help we can overcome anything in our path.

Here is: Overcomer by Mandisa


No comments:

Post a Comment